Friday, July 30, 2010

listening to: absolute silence



If you follow me on twitter, you would have seen that my oh-so-helpful physical therapist recommended -- as treatment for my headaches -- a glass of wine, soft music, and a vacation. So I'm in Massachusetts, fulfilling 1/3 of the plan. Of course, because it's ME, as soon as we hit cruising altitude during the flight yesterday, I noticed my throat hurt. Fast forward to this morning, and the first full day of my vacation begins with a cold. Remind me to yell at my PT when I get back to Chicago, because clearly this is all his fault.



 



Now, I would like to send a resounding THANK YOU to all of you who sent good vibes my way last week. In short, they worked. OH, DID THEY WORK.



 



Ready to hear what your collective thought-sending accomplished? (Yes, I'm giving the credit to all of you, but mostly to my grandmother, who damn near set her house on fire lighting so many candles.)



 



I am now a bona-fide, honest-to-goddess librarian. I was offered and accepted a position at a (ahem, GORGEOUS) library 30 minutes from my house as an adult and teen librarian. A LIBRARIAN. You guys. I get to, like, order books! And plan programs! And teach classes! And answer reference questions and not have to say, "Oh, a librarian will have to answer that for you," because THAT'S ME, ya'll!



 



Also, this means that I will be back to only having one job. Hallelujah, I will see my family again. And my house will be clean. Of course, this also means a substantial kick in the balls to our income, but pshaw, I say. PUH-SHAW. Because I will be happy. And if I'm happy, well... I think you know how that sentence ends.



 



So. There you have it. And I know it goes without saying but please no posting anything about this on public forums. I still have to give notice to my million jobs. But as soon as it's public I'll let everyone know.



No comments:

Post a Comment